Educators Rising competitions are real-life competitive events where rising educators demonstrate their leadership and teaching craft.
With a blend of individual and team events, competitions are authentic, project-based opportunities for rising educators to measure their creativity, skills, and initiative against high standards and their peers from across the state.
In a face-to-face environment, the final rounds for each competition take place on-site at the Educators Rising National Conference and feature interactive presentations with expert judges. This year’s National Conference will be virtual.
Competitive Events being offered at both the Junior Varsity and Varsity levels at the 2021 Nebraska State Conference are:
- Children’s Literature K-3
- Children’s Literature Pre-K
- Creative Lecture (TED Talk)
- Educators Rising Moment
- Ethical Dilemma (Team)
- Impromptu Speaking
- Inside Our Schools Presentation (Team)
- Job Interview
- Lesson Planning & Delivery
- Career & Technical Education
- Public Speaking
- Researching Learning Challenges (Team)
New competitive contests include the following:
- Interactive Bulletin Board (individual or dual)
- Project Visualize-Service Project (individual or dual)
- Teacher Created Materials (individual or dual)
Members can learn more and apply to compete at the national conference on the Educators Rising web page.